
TODAY- was surprisingly not a [manic] monday. I got a lot of things done at work and time flew by. I was so excited about having such a great day that I sped home and quickly parked my car. Now, my apartment parking garage is 7 stories, so I have to wind up 6 times...but today my car decided to only go 5. As I'm cruisin' up the garage with my holiday music playing rather loudly and thinking about what a great day I had ( and generally just not paying attention) -I pull into what I think is my parking space. I grab all my things I took to work, my files, coffee mug and water bottle, lunch box, purse and jacket, so my hands are pretty full. I head inside, down the hallway and get out my keys. As I'm approaching the door I hear a man's voice coming from inside the apartment. I freeze. I wasn't having any maintenance problems so I couldn't figure out why Ted would be inside. I figure maybe he's checking the fire alarms or filters. I think nothing of it and try my key to open the door. But the door wouldn't unlock. ( See where this is headed?) Just as I see the number on the door ( not mine!) I start putting two and two together. As soon as I start to back away from the door, it opens. The guy just gives my this quizzicle stare - I guess I was quite a sight with an awkward, frantic look on my face, my hands full of crap, all while trying to make a smooth exit. I told the guy what happened- that I had parked on the wrong floor and was trying to enter 'my' wrong apartment. He just started laughing with a highly judgmental look. After apologizing for the mishap and talking my way out of looking like a complete dumb blonde,I booked it back to the door. Turns out my mondays are [always] manic.
No comments:
Post a Comment